Feb 3, 2010

the City

My trip to NYC was great fun, but has resulted in a head cold I can't shake. I'm popping Emergen-C like it's life support.

Each day I had a list of stores to visit, each night I caught up with friends and ate amazing New York food. Most of my shopping time was spent in Greenwich Village, the Lower East Side, Nolita & Soho, which I covered all on foot. My thigh-high vintage nine west boots did a great job, but if I moved to the city my footwear would have to be completely upgraded.

Rag & Bone wool Coat, VTG New Hero cut-out Top, Jeggings!, and VTG Nine West leather Boots


Stops on my lists included:
The selection of vintage wares at Resurrection was tempting, but Frock was out of control with numerous YSL silk pieces in mint condition and a knit Chloe dress that could make you melt.

I also shopped my friend Danielle's closest at her fabulous pre-WWII apartment, I ended up with a some new favorite designer pieces including adorable In God We Trust high-waist shorts and a pale pink Mayle slip dress.

Our final night in the City we had a room booked at the Thompson Hotel LES. The front desk guy totally hooked up the corner space which had wrap around windows and balconies- only one per floor. After a large, late dinner we forced ourselves to check out the club Above Allen on the 7th floor. It was a cool vibe- but one drink later we were ready to head for the room.

On the flight back I had sweet dreams of vintage couture.

No comments:

Post a Comment